Monday, August 24, 2009

I fought the law and the law won.

I love my wedding photos, with all my heart.
Dear friends,
My least favorite thing in the entire universe might be traffic tickets.
So.
In the interest of protecting your pocketbooks, I bring you...

New traffic laws in Texas.

1. Teen Drivers: Effective September 1, 2009, the laws for teenage drivers are getting tougher. Drivers younger than 18 are banned from using cell phones while driving (dialing, talking, texting).

2. Driving in a School Zone: Effective September 1, 2009, the use of a wireless device within a school zone is prohibited (except while the vehicle is stopped or with a hands-free device). The fine is up to $200. Note: Cities must post a sign at each school zone (For you Dallas Dwellers, the signs are already up in Highland Park).

3. Seat Belts: Effective September 1, 2009, all occupants of a vehicle, no matter their age, front and back seat, must wear seatbelts.
And second of all, thank you to Aubrey at Made You Blush for giving me a blog award! She writes a wonderful fashion blog and is so kind to think of me. Thanks!

Thirdly, I have discovered a very essential piece of life wisdom today.

For all of you who stress out when you wake up to discover an unfortunate breakout, a terrible hair day, or other issues that you feel everyone is noticing, fear not!

......because today I discovered you can cut eight inches off your hair and almost nobody will even notice. It's comforting, really.

I should have learned this lesson when it comes to weddings. You may lay awake at night worrying whether the shade of red in the church carpet will clash with the red in the bridesmaids' dresses, but the truth is...

... just a few short months (or even weeks!) after your wedding, even your best friends won't be able to remember what song you walked down the aisle to, or what color the bouquets were.

It's comforting, really.
Non-cooperation with evil is as much a duty as is cooperation with good.
- Mohandas Gandhi
What does this mean in my life? What people, or systems, must I stop cooperating with?
Oh, hey, and ps: Did you know Mexico quietly legalized drugs this week? Marijuana, heroin, LSD, and cocain in small amounts "for personal use" are now legal. This is meant to free up the justice system so they can go after the "big fish", but what will it mean for addiction, for the health care system, for families?

3 comments:

April Lynn said...

OH! Please post photos of the new hair! Did you donate?

Suzanne said...

I also would like to see pics of your hair, or I'll have to swim across the pool to knock on your door to see for myself!!

Katie said...

Well I'll just have to do that! It wasn't quite enough to donate- you need 11 inches the last time I looked. Suz, I'll have to come show you:)