Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Lake Mode

Dear friends,

I am in Lake Mode. I wish I lived in Lake Mode.

Where you listen to the water and the birds. Where you find shapes in clouds. Where you hang on a tube for dear life while flying over the wake and feel very, very alive. Where you cannot remember where your shoes are. Where you eat whatever you like, cause it's vacation.

And, best of all, in Lake Mode you live in community. My friend Mark and I have decided we should all live in a compound. My friend Satpack kind of did once- she grew up on a cul-de-sac with her cousins next door, and all the mommas raised all the kids. Another friend this weekend knew of another cul-de-sac where all the families rotated cooking dinner, each family cooking one night each week. Pics forthcoming...

I swear, we were made to live that way. In a little Tribe.

One day.

2 comments:

Sarah Satt said...

ditto. ditto. ditto. furious dittoing :)

let's do it one day... let's both raise each other's little multi-cultural kids :)

Katie said...

Sarah, truly, our children Nairobi, Simba and Kenya will be lifelong besties.